Sunday, May 1, 2011

A much needed update

You know you need to update your blog when your mom, who can't remember its web address, tells you to update. Here you go mom!

The garden is growing, although not as quickly or as well as I would like. I can't grow peas or beans to save my life. I read somewhere they don't like water directly on their leaves, so I've been careful, to no avail. Then I read somewhere else that you should inoculate the seeds before you plant them. Too late. I'm just certain I won't get a crop from them. Eh, next year.

Growing well: tomatoes, watermelon, lettuce and spinach, carrots (slowly), the marigolds I planted from seed finally blossomed, and we've been eating little strawberries. Oh, and the asparagus sent up two tiny stalks that promptly blossomed.

Not so much: the herbs minus the basil, the aforementioned peas and beans, the salvia and Jacob's ladder I planted to encourage pollinators, and some of the strawberries.

Grow watermelon, grow!










No comments:

Post a Comment