Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kale Chips

It's official. I'm addicted... to kale chips. Have you made them yet? I'd been meaning to for some time now, but just hadn't. I bought some kale from the farmer's market last week and didn't get around to using it (oops!) so I made kale chips! Super easy, totally delicious. Oh, and healthy! We're planting some in the beds soon, so I hope to be making lots more in the very near future. Aren't you so excited Michael?!


Kale Chips

1 bunch kale (it can be totally wilted!)
1 tbs olive oil (I used blood orange olive oil from Queen Creek Olive Mill)
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper

Preheat the oven to 400ยบ.

Cut the ribs off the kale. I just sliced right next to the rib, cutting the leaf in half lengthwise, and then cut those pieces in half. Rinse the pieces in a salad spinner, then pat dry. Place on a couple cookie sheets and brush lightly with olive oil. A silicone pastry brush works well, and a little goes a long way! Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.

Bake for 5 minutes. Take out as soon as they start to brown. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you have a farmer's market this time of year! I have not yet tried kale chips...but they are on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of the perks of putting up with miserable summer temps! You'll love kale chips, I promise!

    ReplyDelete